Surrendered points

A place to ask for help with an RCI or RCI-related problem

Moderators: Dave Beetlestone, Sue B, colin

Surrendered points

Postby chudford » Sat 03 Nov, 2012 11:34 am

I would appreciate your advice with this problem.

I surrendered my pure points last year to RCI points Ltd.

This week I received a letter of confirmation that the ownership of the pure points had been surrendered out of RCI Points and my RCI Points membership fully cancelled.

In the next post I received an invoice from Resort Solutions Ltd for maintenance fees for 2013.

I had thought that once I had surrendered the pure points I would no longer be liable for any further maintenance fees.

Are RSL trying it on or is there something else I should have done.

Thanks
Richard
chudford

Re: Surrendered points

Postby chudford » Sat 03 Nov, 2012 11:45 am

I should have added that the RSL invoice is for the same number of points as the pure points cancelled.
chudford

Postby davidjulia » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi
You say you surrendered last year but was that 12 months ago? You have to give 12 months notice and that will most likely start from the date they process it. You also have a limited time in which to use any remaining pure points.
Having said this, I had to phone the accounts dept on the first billing for pure points that I had surrendered more than a year later. Im not sure that the depts talk to each other, but a simple phone call should suffice, and Ive had no more incorrect statements since. Good Luck.
DAVID+JULIA -owners at La Cumbre, Lanzarote
davidjulia

Postby chudford » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 5:58 pm

Thank you for that encouraging news.
I did indeed surrender my points a year ago. The letter from RCI I received a week ago confirmed that I had surrendered my points and cancelled my RCI membership.
Like you I will now have to sort out the communication between the RCI departments and Resort Solutions.
Richard
chudford

Postby Sue B » Tue 06 Nov, 2012 8:18 pm

A lot of changes were taking place last year and members were transferring out of RCI Points Ltd mainly to RCI Points Europe, or were surrendering their pure points. Hopefully this is an administrative error. Who did you used to pay your points annual management fees to - RCI or Resort Solutions?

Sue
Sue Beetlestone
MORPS Membership Secretary
Elected Board Member for RCI Points Ltd

Owner Las Farolas on Costa del Sol, and Sudwala Lodge S Africa
Sue B

Postby chudford » Wed 07 Nov, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi
I paid my annual maintenance to RCI Points Ltd.
chudford

Postby Sue B » Thu 08 Nov, 2012 8:38 pm

chudford wrote:Hi
I paid my annual maintenance to RCI Points Ltd.

Did you, during your notice period to RCI Points Ltd, agree to transfer your points over to RCI Next Generation Points scheme? Resort Solutions are the collecting agency for this scheme, not for the pure points scheme (from which most members have now transferred).

Let me know if you are having problems getting this sorted and I will see if I can help.

Sue
Sue Beetlestone

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:26 pm

I have also received an invoice from Resort Solutions for pure points that have been surrendered! Following on from Chudford's post, I have checked with RCI and it would seem that some invoices have been sent out in error because of a technical (human?) glitch. RCI are working on resolving this and members receiving these invoices will be contacted.

Hope this is of use.

Sue
Sue Beetlestone

Sue B

Postby chudford » Wed 14 Nov, 2012 7:54 pm

Thank you for your help Sue.
I am sorry that you have the same problem, but at least you know how the system works and who to contact.
I have written to both RCI Points Ltd and RSL asking them politely to sort the problem out.
Keep our fingers crossed that the problem is solved before the bailiffs are sent round :)
All the best
Richard
chudford

Postby chudford » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 12:22 pm

Hurray!
In this morning's post an invoice from Resort Solutions for 0.00. No apology, just an invoice showing incorrect invoice and subtracting the previous maintenance fee.
Better than a bill I suppose.
I states on the invoice that I should make payment by cheque within 30 days. I am tempted!!
All the best
Richard
chudford

Postby krose » Fri 30 Nov, 2012 11:32 am

We surrendered our pure points last December and have recently received an invoice from Resort Solutions for a maintenance fee for 2013, (starting in December 2012). We phoned RSL who passed the buck on to RCI. After several phone calls and nearly 3 weeks, they passed the buck on to Sunset Beach (from whom we originally bought the pure points). So far, our email to Sunset Beach remains unanswered. This payment is due this weekend.

My question is, should I pay £204 for 2013, or pursue getting this reduced to 1 months worth of fees whilst under threat of surcharges for late payments. If I do pay this £204, will they think that I now want to keep these 15000 points, and have changed my mind about the surrender?

Keith & Helen Rose,
Bedford, UK
krose

Postby Sue B » Fri 30 Nov, 2012 1:10 pm

Have you had confirmation from RCI that the surrender period is over? You say you surrendered last December - is that when you first notified RCI or is that the end of the 12 month surrender period?

Once the surrender period is over, you should get a letter from RCI and new points certificate (if you have weeks ceded into points ) showing your points allocation for future years.

You are supposed to pay any fees due during the surrender period. That is part of the surrender agreement. Having said that, if your surrender period is nearly complete (ie in December 2012) then why pay for the whole year? I would take this up with RCI as they are the ones you are surrendering via. Resort Solutions are acting as a collecting agent for management fees now (as they do for other resorts/clubs). There have been problems with the details given to them by RCI and, as you can see in other posts, people have been sent invoices who shouldn't have been.

If you want, I can check with RCI early next week, as I will be at the RCI Kettering offices on Tuesday.

Sue
Sue Beetlestone

Sue B

Postby krose » Fri 30 Nov, 2012 2:42 pm

We submitted our surrender form last December, so I look forward to receiving the letter this December. Our gripe is that we are being asked for 12 months management fees (£204) for effectively only 1 month of usage, for which I would happily pay £17 (=£204/12).

I re-telephoned RSL this morning and I am now waiting for a returned call. Depending on the result of this, I may be very grateful for your help on Tuesday. I'll let you know.

Many thanks,
Keith.
krose

Postby chudford » Mon 03 Dec, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Sue
You said you would be in RCI on Tuesday.
I would be grateful if you could ask them if they are sending out letters confirming that the RSL invoices were sent out by mistake.
Even though I have received a zero invoice from RSL I have heard nothing from RCI.
Many thanks
Richard

PS This site is coming up as an "attack site" whatever that is and is proving difficult to access.
chudford

Return to HELP PLEASE - I have a problem