Surrendering RCI Points

Moderators: Dave Beetlestone, Sue B, colin

Surrendering RCI Points

Postby Martinpeter » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 8:18 pm

Hello,

I wonder if any members can help please.

I own RCI Pure Points at Richmond Park, Norfolk with maintenance fees through Resort Solutions, Having looked at other threads on this forum it would appear that I can surrender these points through RCI by completing a surrender form and giving 12 months notice. Is this correct please?

I also own points rights at Club Marbella, Spain managed by Crown Resorts with maintenance fees through Vacation Care. Presumably, I cannot simply surrender theses points through RCI but have to sell them or request the management company to take them back and cancel the maintenance contract. It seems unlikely that they will accept this. Have I got this right or are there any other ways i can get rid of this financial burden?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Martinpeter

Re: Surrendering RCI Points

Postby Sue B » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Martin

Apologies for not reply sooner - I have been away and am only just catching up with MORPS postings.

Yes, you should be able to give 12 months notice to RCI to surrender your Richmond Park RCI Points and terminate your membership of RCI Points.

With regard to the Crown Resort points, you would need to check your terms and conditions. Did you transfer over to the Crown Resorts Club in the past couple of years when RCI Points Ltd was offering transfers out of RCI points Ltd? I would hope that the terms and conditions set up by Crown Resorts would be similar to those of RCI Points Ltd.

Sue
Sue Beetlestone
MORPS Membership Secretary
Elected Board Member for RCI Points Ltd

Owner Las Farolas on Costa del Sol, and Sudwala Lodge S Africa
Sue B

Return to General Issues